Wow, it's been a long time, and I've been pretty distant from Pokemon recently, but I have a lot of cool ideas that are going to happen.
Soooo much, so just stop playing 4.1, cuz 4.2 is coming your way like a blaze of glory. It really should be V5, but I can't bring myself to continue on past the end of the mtn, but with all of the massive changes to the first arc, I don't think it'll be a problem.
Currently there are just around 80 different trainer classes; with roughly 40 actually different ones (as the other 40 are separate male/female differences). With a grandiose total of just over 130 planned total trainers (the others past 80 are non-counted important trainers such as gym leaders, rivals, and other recurring or important trainers, and as I progress more and more trainers will be added.
At the moment the starters aren't complete, but I plan on finishing them in time. As for what's to come, the game will be postponed until the following requirments are met for the V4.2 release:
● All (necessary/all) trainers finished (by that I mean their designs - most of which are tweaks or custom)
● The starters (which are the kalos starters), the Goomy line, Pancham line, Honedge line, and Sylveon
● Revamp of the pre-gym
● Finished Pokegear overhaul
● Total beginning overhaul
● Slight current V4.1 gameplay tweakage (I mean, for example, influence of the rival, progression from town to town and your purpose for doing so, etc)
● Pokemon balancing (total overhaul of Base stats, moves, levels, evolutions, typing, etc)
● Pokemon sprites (only the best ones according to me)
● Better music (making it so the music is all the same style it should be, and changed so you can play, and not have to worry bout volume, as it will all be the same - all pleasing to the ears and not all different, causing you to change volume in every area, or mute it due to how bad it is)
● Maybe outfits if I feel like it, but it's not as big a priority for this demo since most of the ones I like are finished and most you ont encounter in this demo.
● And Pokemon back sprites
I may release the game with "enough" done even if I haven't finished, meaning, for example, if I don't finish all the pokemon balancing, but I finish it for only the pokemon you encounter in the demo, I'll still release it.
To finish, I'm having trouble deciding on what style the pokemon backsprites should be - I could make them all gen 5 style (in the sense that they are 2x bigger than the opponent but are very literal mirrors+back renditions of the front sprite), or gen 4 (meaning they have the same pixel dimension, but are styled to be bigger).
Let me know what you think, cheers!